National Financial Literacy Symposium 2023 (NFLS 2023)
The National Financial Literacy Symposium 2023 is an event that brings together policymakers, experts from various industries, and academics. They join forces to have important discussions and find solutions for current and future challenges in financial literacy and inclusion. Through a mix of talks and presentations, the symposium explores important topics such as improving long-term financial well-being, building resilience against climate-related issues, and empowering people through digital financial services for overall financial inclusion.
Objectives of NFLS 2023
To provide a forum for policymakers, academicians, researchers, practitioners, analysts, associations, NGOs and other stakeholders to advance the nation’s financial literacy agenda
Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia
2, Jalan Dato Onn,
50480 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
8.30am – 9.15am | Auditorium
Registration & Refreshment
9.15am – 9.30am | Auditorium
9.30am – 9.40am | Auditorium
Chief Strategy Officer of Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
9.40am – 9.55am | Auditorium
Adnan Zaylani Mohamad Zahid
Deputy Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)
9.55am – 10.05am | Auditorium
- Adnan Zaylani Mohamad Zahid, Deputy Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)
- Nurhisham Hussein, Chief Strategy Officer of Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Azaddin Ngah Tasir, Chief Executive Officer of Credit Counselling and Debt Management Agency (AKPK)
- Professor Datuk Dr. Norma Mansor, President of Malaysian Economic Association (MEA)
10.05am– 10.20am | Auditorium
Azaddin Ngah Tasir
Chief Executive Officer of Credit Counselling and Debt Management Agency (AKPK)
10.20am – 10.30am | Auditorium
10.30am – 12.00pm | Auditorium
“Elevating Financial Well-being For a Sustainable Future”
- Positive impact of financial literacy on financial well-being.
- In order to be sustainable, financial literacy should focus on innovative and impactful efforts to improve behavior.
- Balqais Yusoff, Head, Policy and Strategy Department of the Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nurul Shahnaz Ahmad Mahdzan, Head, Department of Finance, Faculty of Business & Economics, University of Malaya (UM)
- Chiara Monticone, Senior Policy Analyst, Financial Education, Financial Inclusion and Consumer Protection unit, OECD
- Clare Walker, Chief Executive Officer, Financial Industry Collective Outreach (FINCO)
12.00pm – 2.00pm | Auditorium
2.00pm – 3.30pm | Auditorium
“Building Financial Resilience to Climate Impacts”
- Climate change provide impact on financial well-being in the long run.
- In ensuring sustainability, the financial risk of climate change needs to be addressed now so that the necessary action could be formalized to ensure future financial resilient.
- Azaria Tagaya, TV Host and News Presenter
- Dr Yasmin Rashid, Founder of EcoKnights
- Dr Hartini Mohd Nasir, Ministry of Natural Resources, Environment and Climate Change
- Shahril Azuar Bin Jimin, Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Maybank
3.30pm – 3.45pm | Auditorium
3.45pm – 5.15pm | Auditorium
Research Paper Presentations I
8.30am – 9.00am | Auditorium
Arrival & Refreshment
9.00am – 10.30am | Auditorium
Research Paper Presentations II
10.30am – 12.00pm | Auditorium
“Unlocking Consumer Empowerment & Financial Inclusion Through Digital Financial Services”
- The digital revolution transforms the way we manage finances and offers both risks and benefits for financial inclusion.
- Digital financial literacy presents opportunities for consumers to make better use of digital financial services to improve their financial well-being.
- Aban Haq, Head of Project Management Office and Member Engagement, Alliance of Financial Inclusion (AFI)
- Siritida Panomwon Na Ayudhya, Asst. Governor, Bank of Thailand
- Nate Low, Senior Director of AP Inclusive Impact & Sustainability, VISA.
- Suhaimi Ali, Asst. Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia
12.00pm – 1.00pm | Auditorium
Closing Remark and Awards
Professor Datuk Dr. Norma Mansor
Pesident of Malaysian Economic Association (MEA)
1.00pm – 3.00pm | Auditorium